Patrons / Exhibitors
The 9th IEEE World Forum on Internet of Things (IEEE WFIoT2023) is the premier event of the Multi-Society IEEE IoT Technical Community. You will find a comprehensive and exciting program that brings the latest developments from industry, the business world, the public sector, and the research community. The World Forum attracts the most prominent people from across the breath of the IoT ecosystem, the latest news of significant innovations and advances from the academic community, and shared experiences from practitioners and end-users about the successes and challenges of IoT deployments. The World Forum is all about the nurture and promotion of IoT for the benefit of society and humanity. The conference is focused on the betterment of life through the responsible and ethical adoption of IoT technologies, applications, and solutions.
IoT Adoption, Deployment, and Impact
This year, the theme of the World Forum is “The Blue Planet: A Marriage of Sea and Space”. We aim to recognize the increased importance that the Sea has in our daily activities and to signal the importance that Space has for our future as a sustainable society. IEEE WFIoT2023 brings together experts in IoT from around the world and the diverse community of stakeholders that make up the IoT ecosystem. Today, that touches almost all sectors of the world economy. The World Forum will cover the breadth of activities, technologies, and applications in IoT, reflecting the vast range of interests and investment in IoT and its building blocks, with the following set of programs:
The WFIoT2023 program consists of the following:
- A Plenary Program that addresses all registrants for the IEEE WFIoT2023. It consists of speeches and presentations from the foremost technologists and industry leaders in IoT, in key subject areas critical to the success and acceptance of IoT.
- The Technical Paper Program that is the heart of the conference and is composed of technical tracks aimed at the Research and Academic community. The technical tracks consist of peer reviewed papers with an emphasis on novel and original results and advanced ideas important and relevant to IoT and its future.
- Special Sessions that consist of peer-reviewed papers and interactive presentations focused on a selected “hot” general research topics of importance to IoT.
- Workshops that consist of peer-reviewed papers, presentations, panel discussions, and summary results about advanced and important topics relevant to IoT. Masters/PhD Forum and Student Paper Contest (MP) is a program for graduate students entering careers in IoT, where the participants propose and discuss brand-new ideas addressing issues related to IoT.
- Industry Forums consist of presentations and panel discussions led by prominent practitioners and aimed at research topics important to industrial and business related IoT issues.
- Tutorials that provide detailed technical information about key technologies essential for developing IoT-related hardware, software, systems, and operations.
- Vertical and Topical Tracks cover designated topics important to IoT in general and to the host region. Leading experts will lead interactive presentations, focused on topics of importance to IoT practitioners, addressing aspects of actual IoT implementation, adoption, deployment, and operation.
- Women in Engineering (WIE) Forum facilitates discussion about topics related to women in the IoT community, in areas that affect industry, the public sector, and the research community.
- Young and Professionals (YP) Forum provides a world-wide opportunity for networking, information sharing, and exchange of opinions among young professionals in research and academia, business, industry, and in engineering practice.
- Entrepreneurial Forum will bring together startups, small and medium business owners, incubator organizations, and venture capitalists, to share experience that will help manage and grow and successful IoT companies.
The IEEE WFIoT2023 will be held as a hybrid conference consisting of both Virtual Live Online and Face-toFace sessions, that include local and remote presence. The live sessions will be held at the Aveiro Congress Center in Aveiro, Portugal.
In view of the guidance about the COVID Pandemic and continued restrictions on international travel we have elected to hold the conference and all its components in their entirety. In doing so we will provide all participants with a safe and convenient way to be involved. At the same time, we will program the World Forum to be highly interactive with sessions timed to encourage broad participation from around the Globe.
The Forum offers you visibility to over 409,000 members of the IEEE and of the IoT Community specializing in IoT. Whether you are looking for specific solutions, seeking expertise, exchanging experiences, or recruiting new staff, the Forum exposes you to the best talent from around the world. It offers your personnel: access to network with the larger IoT technical community and to learn about the latest developments, what’s coming next from research organizations, successes from actual deployments, and approaches to the hard technical and operational problems that need attention.
The sponsorship and exhibit program offers our sponsors the opportunity to showcase the thought leadership that distinguishes their organizations in a setting visible to potential customers and possible partners and will expose them to the larger ecosystem that is so vital to IoT. We welcome speakers from the sponsoring organization to participate in the Vertical and Topical Tracks or the IoT Slam organized by the IoT Community (https://iotcommunity.net) portions of the program at discounted rates.
The sponsorship and exhibit program offers our sponsors the opportunity to showcase the thought leadership that distinguishes their organizations in a setting visible to potential customers and possible partners, and will expose them to the larger ecosystem that is so vital to IoT. We welcome speakers from the sponsoring organization to participate in the Vertical and Topical Tracks or IoT Slam portions of the program at discounted rates.
The benefits to sponsors are shown below. WF-IoT2023 is a hybrid conference, so your company will be in the spotlight for maximum attention by all the attendees either in-person or virtually. 12-13 and 23-27 October are fully virtual, while 16-20 October will be virtual with an option for local presence in Aveiro.
The exhibit-only option is great for those companies that have a new IoT product/service to promote. As an exhibitor, your company logo will be prominently included on the conference website and the conference app. The pricing for the “Exhibit Only” option is as follows:
Please visit https://wfiot2023.iot.ieee.org for more information.