The detailed schedules for the Vertical and Topical tracks are now available!
The detailed schedules for the several tracks are now available!
Registration is now open!
Please carefully review the registration information and pricing before registering.
The 9th IEEE World Forum on Internet of Things (IEEE WFIoT2023) is the premier event of the IEEE IoT Technical Community, a multiple Society initiative aggregating the wide expertise inherent to the IoT domain. This year, the theme for WFIoT 2023 is "The Blue Planet: A Marriage of Sea and Space”. We aim to recognize the increased importance that the Sea has in our daily activities and to signal the importance that Space has for our future as a sustainable society. IEEE WFIoT2023 brings together experts in IoT from around the world and the diverse community of stakeholders that make up the IoT ecosystem. Today, that touches almost all sectors of the world economy. The World Forum will cover the breadth of activities, technologies, and applications in IoT, reflecting the vast range of interests and investment in IoT and its building blocks, with the following set of programs:
As usual, the forum consists of a comprehensive and interesting program that brings the latest developments from industry and business world, the most influential individuals from across the breath of the IoT ecosystem, news of significant innovations and advances from the research and academic community, as well as practitioners and end-users sharing their experiences on the successes and challenges of IoT deployments. The World Forum's ninth edition will feature presentations and panels addressing how the sea and space are great domains for IoT. It will also explore how IoT technologies, applications, and solutions rely on a wide ecosystem spanning space, aerial, ground, and maritime networks and harnessing the latest emerging technological trends which can be leveraged for the benefit of society and humanity.
We will take the opportunity of new hybrid formats to continue reaching different types of audiences and providing different sets of interactions. Thus the IEEE WFIoT2023 will be held as a hybrid conference consisting of both virtual live online and face-to-face sessions that include local and remote presence. The face-to-face component will be held at the City of Canals & Maritime, Aveiro, Portugal. The conference venue is the Centro de Congressos de Aveiro, located in the heart of Aveiro City, lying at the riverfront of the Ria de Aveiro, at walking distance to the historical center, and with excellent accessibility to several nearby hotels.
With the changes in guidance about the soon-to-be-forgotten COVID pandemic, we have elected to hold the scientific conference and all its components as a hybrid event during the main week of the event Oct 16th - Oct 20th, 2023. Our emphasis is to encourage face-to-face to participation with most attendees in Aveiro, Portugal. In doing so, we will provide all participants with a safe and convenient way to be involved. At the same time, we will program the World Forum to be highly interactive, with sessions timed to encourage broad participation from around the globe, specially for the Vertical and Topical Tracks. The virtual live online only portion of the conference will be held Oct 23rd - Oct 27th, 2023.
Overall the World Forum will consist of:
- Plenary Program addresses all registrants for the IEEE WFIoT2023. It consists of speeches and presentations from the foremost technologists and industry leaders in IoT, in key subject areas critical to the success and acceptance of IoT.
- The Technical Paper Program is the main technical track aimed at the Research and Academic community and consists of Technical peer reviewed papers with an emphasis on novel and original results and advanced ideas important and relevant to IoT and its future.
- Special Sessions consist of peer-reviewed papers and interactive presentations focused on a selected “hot” research topics of importance to IoT.
- Workshops consist of peer-reviewed papers, presentations, panel discussions, and summary results about advanced and important topics relevant to IoT.
- Industry Forums consists of presentations and panel discussions aimed at research topics important to industrial and business related IoT issues.
- Tutorials will provide detailed technical information about key technologies essential for developing IoT-related hardware, software, systems, and operations.
- Vertical and Topical Tracks cover designated topics important to IoT in general and to the host region. Leading experts will lead interactive presentations, focused on topics of importance to IoT practitioners, addressing aspects of actual IoT implementation, adoption, deployment, and operation.
- Women in Engineering (WIE) Forum facilitates discussion about topics related to women in the IoT community, in areas that affect industry, the public sector, and the research community.
- Young and Professionals (YP) Forum provides a world-wide opportunity for networking, information sharing, and exchange of opinions among young professionals in research and academia, business, industry, and in engineering practice.
- Entrepreneurial Forum will bring together startups, small and medium business owners, incubator organizations, and venture capitalists, to share experience that will help manage and grow and successful IoT companies.
- Demonstration and PlugFest Program brings together the technical community to test the interoperability of their products or designs with those of other manufacturers. The main goal of this program is to experiment with the deployment of Network Applications across ICT-41 Projects.
We hope you will join us in Aveiro (or across the world), and take this opportunity to engage with your fellow colleagues in these challenging times.
Welcome to the 9th IEEE World Forum on Internet of Things!
Rui Aguiar, Adam Drobot
WFIoT 2023 General Conference Co-Chairs