1st Workshop on Artificial Intelligence of Things (AIoT)
Track ID: Work-12
The rapid advancements in Artificial Intelligence (AI) and the Internet of Things (IoT) technologies have created new opportunities for innovation and improved efficiency across wide-ranging vertical industries. The convergence of these two technologies, referred to as AIoT, is ushering in a new era of smart systems that can sense, analyze, and act upon data in real-time, leading to better decision-making and optimization of resources. This workshop aims to bring together researchers, practitioners, and industry experts to share their latest findings, experiences, and insights in the field of AIoT.
The main objective of this workshop is to provide a platform for the exchange of ideas and knowledge among experts working at the intersection of AI and IoT. By fostering multidisciplinary discussions and collaborations, the workshop seeks to advance the state-of-the-art in AIoT technologies, identify new research directions, and address the unique challenges and requirements of AIoT systems.
Topics of Interest
The topics of interest for the workshop include, but are not limited to:
Embedded and/or on-device AI systems
- Generative AI for Industrial IoT
- AIoT for industrial Metaverse
- AI algorithms and architectures for IoT systems
- Machine learning and deep learning techniques for IoT applications
- Edge computing and AI for IoT
- AI-driven IoT security and privacy solutions
- AI-based IoT data analytics and visualization
- IoT-enabled AI applications, such as smart cities, smart homes, and intelligent transportation
- Natural language processing and conversational AI for IoT
- AIoT in robotics and automation
- Scalability, performance, and energy efficiency in AIoT systems
- Standardization efforts and ethical considerations in AIoT
Paper Submission Deadline
- Deadline for Paper Submissions: July 9th, 2023
- Acceptance Notification: July 31st, 2023
- Deadline for Camera-Ready Paper Submissions: August 20th, 2023
- Deadline for Presentation Submissions: September 25th, 2023
Papers should be six (6) pages in length and follow the instruction provided for the main Conference. The conference allows up to two additional pages for a maximum length of eight (8) pages with payment of extra page charges once the paper has been accepted.
Please submit your paper for this Workshop using the link to eWorks:
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Wei Xiang: firstname.lastname@example.org
Wei Xiang: La Trobe University
Professor Wei Xiang is Cisco Research Chair of AI and IoT and Director of the Cisco-La Trobe Centre for AI and IoT at La Trobe University. Previously, he was Foundation Chair and Head of Discipline of IoT Engineering at James Cook University, Cairns, Australia. Due to his instrumental leadership in establishing Australia’s first accredited Internet of Things Engineering degree program, he was inducted into Pearcy Foundation’s Hall of Fame in October 2018. He is a TEDx speaker and an elected Fellow of the IET in UK and Engineers Australia. He received the TNQ Innovation Award in 2016, and Pearcey Entrepreneurship Award in 2017, and Engineers Australia Cairns Engineer of the Year in 2017. He was a co-recipient of four Best Paper Awards at WiSATS’2019, WCSP’2015, IEEE WCNC’2011, and ICWMC’2009. He has been awarded several prestigious fellowship titles. He was named a Queensland International Fellow (2010-2011), an Endeavour Research Fellow (2012-2013), a Smart Futures Fellow (2012-2015), and a JSPS Invitational Fellow. He was the Vice Chair of the IEEE Northern Australia Section from 2016-2020. He is currently an Associate Editor for IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials, IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, IEEE Internet of Things Journal, IEEE Access, and Nature journal of Scientific Reports. He has published over 300 peer-reviewed papers including 3 books and 220 journal articles. He has severed in a large number of international conferences in the capacity of General Co-Chair, TPC Co-Chair, Symposium Chair, etc.